Cellphone and PDA usability tests is critical to your business. In fact , mobile and handheld user friendliness testing could possibly be even more important than computer-based wonderful testing. The main reasons for this are:
— The number of personsaccessing the world wide web from cellular and hand held devices is usually increasing in a massive amount – in 2008 only there’ll be an estimated 54.99 million PDAs sold international.
— People generally have way less experience of utilizing their mobile to look online than they do of using their computer. This means that computer-based users could be assumed to possess a higher level of existing expertise than mobile and handheld users.
– The platform through which users access your site is far less foreseeable when using mobile phone devices. Computer-based readers generally only differ from each other in their internet browser and main system (i. y. most people will use a screen, mouse and keyboard), whereas different types of mobile phones and PDAs are different can substantially.
Which mobile phones and PDAs must you consider?
Mobile phones and PDAs can differ from a another substantially, and this can radically switch how people experience and use websites. Some of the ways in which handheld products can differ include:
– Screen-size (small versus large)
– Screen layout (portrait vs . landscape)
— Input equipment (stylus, numeric keypad, dial-wheel, QWERTY keypad)
Because the mobile phone / PDA that someone is employing will have such a outstanding effect on their experience of your site, you should try to try with numerous mobile phones and PDAs as is feasible.
Of course , screening with every mobile phone and PERSONAL DIGITAL ASSISTANT is impossible. Here are some tips to help reduce the number of gadgets you’ll need to test with:
– Your mobile phone site visitors might belong to a specialized audience. Selected audiences are more likely to prefer particular types of phones (e. g. phones with big screens that can support on the net access vs . small-screen units that aren’t).
– You will find ‘phone families’ that offer the same user encounter (and is not going to need to be examined individually).
– You may only want to test when using the most popular mobile phones in Europe or maybe the most well-liked models that are to be used to get your site (you actually can check your site statistics to find out this kind of information).
Who do you wish to test with?
The people you would like to conduct the mobile phone functionality testing trainings with is going to, of course , depend on your particular organization and its crowd. Some things to make note of include:
— How much experience they should have of using their mobile phones to access services. This can be particularly crucial as the market just for accessing on line services through mobile phones is growing and the percent of ‘complete novices’ (i. e. persons using the technology for the first time) will be considerably higher than meant for computer users of your website.
— Which mobile phone or PDA they have. We would usually suggest that people use their own mobile phone in a time, so the test out can give attention to your website instead of on the way the handheld device works.
Wherever should cellular usability screening sessions be conducted?
Cell phones and PDAs are used in the real world hence usability screening of hand held devices ought to therefore not simply take place in a usability clinical.
Where, the moment and how a mobile phone is needed is critical to a person’s connection with the site they are really accessing. The following situations could impact this experience and therefore considerations of the web site’s usability:
— Background noise
– Contingency tasks (i. e. anything at all the person is performing at the same time)
– Physical movement
As such, there was recommend, if at all possible, that any kind of mobile phone and PDA simplicity testing is usually conducted in a lab and also inside the ‘outside world’.
How you prepare and operate mobile phone wonderful sessions will be based on your business and its visitors, but the most popular strategies to mobile user friendliness testing incorporate:
– Lab-based (using a camera to record the session)
– Diary-studies (asking people to keep a diary of how they have used their very own mobile phone and any challenges they encounter)
– Old fashioned paper prototypes (running usability tests on a paper-based version of your site, using mobile phone screen-sized pieces of paper)