Memo for the student “Rules for writing reviews for a film, a novel”
Review is really a analysis that is critical evaluation of every artwork, film.
Steps to make a review on a book
- 1. Read carefully and reread the writing.
- 2. Consider the questions:
- Exactly How ended up being the written book read?
- Just How will it be recognized by other readers?
- What is the theme associated with work?
- What exactly is their primary concept?
- So what does the author convince us?
- How does the writer lead us to these conclusions?
- Who will be the heroes associated with the book?
- Exactly what are their aspirations, deeds, figures?
- Exactly What connection do they will have with visitors?
- What’s the originality that is artistic of book?
- Just How will it be built?
- What exactly is her tongue?
- What did you find bright and unusual within the language?
- 3. What’s your evaluation thatis overall of guide?
- What’s in this work of value, brand new?
- What, perhaps, just isn’t persuading sufficient? Perhaps Not totally successful?
- 4. Answer the answers to these questions into the review based on the plan.
Policy for reviewing the guide
Arrange for reviewing the guide comes with:
- 1. Date of publication regarding the ongoing work(when it ended up being written or published).
- 2. Reputation for creation, the look associated with the work.
- 3. Genre peculiarity regarding the work.
- 4. The plot and composition of this work (what exactly is this work, name its main events; note the sequence, the culmination, the denouement, the part regarding the epilogue together with epigraph (when there is).)
- 5. Topics (as described when you look at the work), just what topics are moved into the work.
- 6. The difficulties (which issues, concerns) are addressed when you look at the work, will they be crucial, why are they being considered by the writer.
- 7. Characteristics regarding the main artistic images (names, bright popular features of appearance, social situation, life philosophy, views regarding the world, relations along with other heroes,experiences, emotions, what problem/problems is connected with this hero).
- 8. The theory and pathos regarding the work ( just what the author wanted to state, his view associated with the author regarding the issues included, exactly what he calls).
- 9. Destination of work with the journalist’s work (will it be crucial strive to comprehend the author’s imagination, whether it reflects the key themes and issues in their work, can you really judge by this work concerning the journalist’s style, his worldview).
- 10. The area for the work with the real history of literature (whether this work is significant for Russian literature while the world letter tours, why).
- 11. Your impression associated with the ongoing work(we liked/did nothing like, why).
The conditional scheme of contrast of the heroes for the work:
- – options that come with the portrait traits: how a character characterizes the looks, clothes, etc.;
- – Origin;
- – genealogy and family history, generic and individual characteristics;
- – Characteristics for the character, habits;
- – Expressive details;
- – Education, a type of knowledge;
- – Speech attribute;
- – power to dialogue that is internal self-analysis;
- – The ratio associated with hero to people;
- – mindset associated with the individuals around towards the hero;
- – how a hero manifests himself when you look at the situation of choice;
- – how can the character change through the entire work.
Policy for the analysis of this work that is dramatic
- 1. Time when it comes to creation and book associated with the play.
- 2. The area occupied into the playwright’s work.
- 3. The theme associated with the play therefore the representation with it of a particular material that is vital.
- 4. Actors and their grouping.
- 5. Conflict of a dramatic work, its originality, the amount of novelty and sharpness, its deepening.
- 6. The growth of dramatic action and its particular stage. The exposition, the plot, the vicissitudes, the culmination, the denouement.
- 7. Composition regarding the play. The part and significance of each and every work.
- 8. Dramatic figures and their relationship to action.
- 9. Speech attribute associated with the figures. Relationship of character and words.
- 10. The role of dialogues and monologues when you look at the play.
- 11. Identification of this author’s place. The part of remarks in drama.
- 12. Genre and originality that is visible of play. Communication associated with genre to authorial choices and preferences.
An plan that is approximate characterizing the creative image (character).
Introduction. Host to the character when you look at the operational system of images for the work.
Principal part. Characteristic.
- 1. Social and product situation.
- 2. Outside look.
- 3. The peculiarity of this worldview and globe perspective, the circle of psychological passions, inclinations, practices:
- a) the nature regarding the activity as well as the life that is basic;
- b) impact on other people.
- 4. Part of emotions:
- a) kind of relationship to others;
- b) attributes of internal experiences.
- 5. Author’s mindset to the character.
- 6. Just What popular features of the hero’s character are revealed into the work:
- a) by using a portrait;
- b) within the author’s attribute;
- c) through the characterization of other actors;
- d) with the help of biography or history;
- ag e) by way of a string of actions;
- g) into the messagecharacteristic;
- h) through the environmental surroundings.
The final outcome. What public problem led the writer to produce this image.